Saturday, April 24, 2010

What makes moles grow on your body?

When I was diagnosed with diabetes I started getting moles all over the my upper back. Now I have about 15 or 16 small moles on the shoulder part of my upper back, 2 or 3 on my neck and 1 on the left side of my face on my hair line. Do any of you know why this happened? what is a mole?

What makes moles grow on your body?
Moles are not "caused", they just develop...usually (but not always) before the age of 20. Moles are simply a growth of pigmented cells. Most appear spontaneously or from exposure to sunlight. Moles are very common.





Just always remember to keep an eye on your moles for the ABC's of melanomas:


asymmetry


border


color


diameter


elevation


If you see changes in an existing mole, always have it checked out by a dermatologist.

grappling

No comments:

Post a Comment